Have questions? Below you will find answers to some of the questions which we’re often asked.
- Who founded Pink Spaghetti and when?
After meeting at their children’s swimming classes, Pink Spaghetti was founded by friends Caroline Gowing and Vicky Matthews in 2009 in Cheshire, England. These astute businesses women grew their own successful business and soon realised that their success could be replicated across the UK, and then internationally, so franchises have been available since 2012 and international licenses since 2020, giving other people who want to run a flexible business the benefit of their years of experience and support.
- How can I keep up to date with what’s happening at Pink Spaghetti?
- How can I keep up to date with the 2 co-founders?
- Where is the head office?
- Apart from the license fee, are there any other costs involved?
As it is a home-based business set up costs are very low – we guide you through expected additional costs in our Licencing Prospectus.
- How much can I earn?
Licensees can turnover between around £1,500 and £10,000 GBP a month, depending on hours worked and the size of the team. We can help you to set up your pricing structure to maximise your earnings.
- Why do you only allow one licensee per territory?
When you buy a licence from us you are buying exclusive rights to market yourself as Pink Spaghetti within that geographical area. This means that you are not competing with other Pink Spaghetti licensees for work, which facilitates collaboration within the network. It also ensures that you do not have two virtual assistants within the same town that have had the high level and wide-ranging training that sets our network apart from sole virtual assistants.
- Can I meet the Pink Spaghetti team?
Yes, we’d encourage you to chat via zoom to our head office at the interview stage, and you’ll meet us virtually at training.
- How do you choose licensees, and do you turn people down?
It is important that every Pink Spaghetti licensee is able to offer our services to the high standard our customers expect, so we certainly do not offer a licensee to everyone who applies. Take a look at ‘Is this You‘ to see if you fit the bill.
- I have other skills to bring to Pink Spaghetti which you don’t currently offer as services – can I offer these in addition?
We are happy for you to offer additional services if you have specific skills in related areas, and sometimes these can be offered throughout the network. We’d welcome any suggestions you have for additional services.
- Do I need to live within my territory?
Usually yes – although some of our licensees live outside but very near to their territory. This is to facilitate networking and keep your costs down.
- Can I keep my current full-time job whilst starting a Pink Spaghetti franchise?
Yes. A Pink Spaghetti licensee can launch their business alongside other commitments or incorporate it into an existing virtual assistant business.
- How long does the application process take?
It depends when you are ready to start. Some people enquire whilst still in full-time employment; others are ready to begin training immediately. Our process can flex to suit your circumstances.
- Is my area available?
We use online territory mapping software to allocate geographical areas of work. When you contact us to request your licence prospectus, we will check availability for you.
- I’m interested. What are the next steps?
Great news! Please take a look at our Process page for a step-by-step guide to the application process.