Have questions? Below you will find answers to some of the questions which we’re often asked.
- Who founded Pink Spaghetti and when?
After meeting at their children’s swimming classes, Pink Spaghetti was founded by friends Caroline Gowing and Vicky Matthews in 2009 in Cheshire. They soon realised that their success could be replicated across the country, so franchises have been available since 2012, giving other people who want to run a flexible business the benefit of their years of experience.
- How can I keep up to date with what’s happening at Pink Spaghetti?
- How can I keep up to date with the 2 co-founders?
- Where is the head office?
- How big is the market for Pink Spaghetti’s services?
There are 5.7 million private businesses registered in the UK and 96% of them are classified as microbusinesses employing fewer than 10 people. The figures are growing every year. These are our key customers.
- Apart from the franchise fee, are there any other costs involved?
As it is a home-based business set up costs are very low – we guide you through the additional costs in our Franchising Prospectus.
- How much can I earn?
Current franchisees turnover between around £1,500 and £10,000 a month, depending on hours worked and the size of the team.
- How many franchisees are there and where are they?
We now have over 40 franchises across the UK. View our map page to see where existing franchisees are.
- Why do you only allow one franchisee per territory?
When you buy a franchise from us you are buying exclusive rights to market yourself as Pink Spaghetti within that geographical area. This means that you are not competing with other Pink Spaghetti franchisees for work, which facilitates collaboration within the network.
- Can I meet the head office team?
Yes, we’d encourage you to come to our head office at the interview stage, and you’ll meet us all at training.
- Can I speak to an existing franchisee?
As part of our process, after we’ve met you and established you are right for us and we are right for you, we offer the chance to speak to franchisees of your choice. We ask you not to contact them directly before as they are busy people.
- How do you choose franchisees, and do you turn people down?
We are looking for people who have the drive to run and grow their own business, rather than just work as a PA. It is important that every Pink Spaghetti PA is able to offer our services to the high standard our customers expect, so we certainly do not offer a franchise to everyone who applies. Take a look at ‘Our family‘ to see if you fit the bill.
- I have other skills to bring to Pink Spaghetti which you don’t currently offer as services – can I offer these in addition?
We are happy for you to offer additional services if you have specific skills in related areas, and sometimes these can be offered throughout the network. We’d welcome any suggestions you have for additional services.
- Do I get training?
Our training is face to face and held at head office in Cheshire. Initial training is 3 days followed by 2 days approximately a month later. Support and further training is ongoing via phone and video calls, and our intranet, plus we hold an annual conference for further valuable training.
- Do I need to live within my territory?
Usually yes – although some of our franchisees live outside but very near to their territory. This is to facilitate networking and keep your costs down.
- Can I keep my current full-time job whilst starting a Pink Spaghetti franchise?
No, we wouldn’t offer a franchise on this basis. Starting your own business takes time and energy, and to build your business requires you to be available for networking and as your clients need you, which will usually be during the day.
- How long does the application process take?
It depends when you are ready to start. Some people enquire whilst still in full-time employment; others are ready to begin training immediately. Our process can flex to suit your circumstances.
- How much does a franchise cost?
The investment depends on the size of the territory. Our smallest territories start at £3,995+VAT with the fee increasing for larger territories. Once we have established that a territory is available in your area we will give you an indication of cost.
Note that if you buy a franchise as a partnership, an extra fee of £750 will apply to cover training and associated costs for the extra person.
- Is my area available?
We use online territory mapping software to allocate geographical areas of work. When you contact us to request your Franchising Prospectus we will check availability for you.
- Is there any funding available to help me start my business?
- I’m interested. What are the next steps?
Great news! Please take a look at our Process page for a step-by-step guide to the application process.