Failure to plan, is planning to fail, or so the saying goes.
We all know there is some truth in this, but time quite often holds us back. So how can we get everything we need done and maybe even find some time to relax?
Planning and setting targets are key. They give us an end goal to aim for, and plot how we are going to get there. So with that in mind, here are our 5 top tips for getting ahead this year.
1. Give yourself time to plan: even if it is 5 minutes in the morning, it will help you understand the landscape of your week ahead and sort the must-do’s from the nice-to-do’s.
2. Write it down: whether it’s your plan for the day, week, month or year, if it is written down you are much more likely to actually do it. Make writing a daily To Do list a habit and make the last task of your working day to update it for the next day.
3. Set yourself targets: and write them down! Then think about the steps needed to achieve your goals. So many people procrastinate because the target just seems so big that they put it off or they simply don’t know what steps to take. Breaking it down helps to make it seem much more manageable and can help you to identify if there is one step, or more, that is preventing you from achieving your goal. Once you’ve identified what it is you can choose how you approach it. Change it, deal with it or outsource it!
4. Don’t overcomplicate things: it doesn’t matter if your plans and goals are in a notebook, in a spreadsheet or pinned on a board. It doesn’t have to be pretty; it doesn’t have to be in a certain format. The point is you have a plan.
5. Be realistic, but ambitious. Apple wasn’t built in a day, but came about through single steps taken towards achieving a grand plan. Dream big, but be sensible. Be really honest with the goals you are setting and the timeframe you give yourself to achieve them. Your daily To Do list could lead to world domination…and Pink Spaghetti can always help you along the way too! For more information visit www.pink-spaghetti.co.uk